- Dec 13, 2021
- Reaction score
Lets add Theft to the Game.
here is the initial idea that came to mind pitting a crafter against smuggler.
The smuggler has the ability of slicing a Harvester, factory, maybe a vendor with ability to
steal either or both from the maintenance pool and the resource hopper.
Several, side games and mini games that could be implemented is as follows
1. The crafter can insure his harvester, maintenance pool, and resources protecting himself, this
is an added cost of doing business and can be transferred to customers.
2. Other crafters like an Architect or droid engineer can craft locks or password protected items
that can be placed on harvesters or factory to harden the structure from theft.
3. The smuggler becomes vulnerable to attack if he is caught in the act of slicing by the crafter or anyone
who is on administration of the structure like a combat character.
4. a crafter can hire a Ranger to come do the "investigation" of the theft. he can use track humanoid to see who was in the
area and discover the thief, a separate mini game can be done that will help him find who the thief is.
5. Both the crafter and the Ranger can place a bounty on the smuggler to find him / bounty hunter can collect the credit and resources
or kill the smuggler and collect the bounty. smuggler can agree to pay the BH or fight it out.
6. Smugglers can start a cartel or gang who dedicate themselves to cracking the safes on harvesters of factories.
Smugglers get bonuses if they are in a gang and also get a bonus if they work in a group to hack or crack a "safe/harvesters"
7. a crafter can set a droid to notify the crafter when its being hacked. It can also set a droid to spawn and guard the harvester.
8. Incentive for crafter to be apart of this system..... if the smuggler is killed he can be looted. ~ InfiniBand Idea.
9. Crafters can also be apart of a crafter guild who can view other crafter harvesters or factories and assist them in defending/protecting their property. "Call in the Calvary" ! ~ Jorran idea.
Id like a critique of this idea plus any other ideas would be welcome.
Justification Hmmm.. Realism theft is part of the real world and part of the star wars world. Scum and Villainy.
I was trying to come up with a way for crafter to be apart of combat, utilizing various mechanics that already are in game.
Pitting Crafters against Smugglers