- Sep 16, 2022
- Reaction score
In its current form, the Chron system and its ranks seem to be simply viewed/used as something to grind through, with no thought given to actual quality quest creation or storytelling enhancements. Thus the flooded bazaar with 1 quest, 1 kill holos with no thought behind them.
Players are looking for the carrot, and thus will grind through simply for whatever achieves the most tokens with the least amount of effort. That incentivizes bad quests and no story, and essentially breaks the purpose of the system in its entirety.
Implementing any or all of the below suggestions would be a great start to turning the system into a more worthwhile endeavor for quest takers and creators.
Overall issues to address that would make the Chronicler System a more well-rounded, fun, and worthwhile effort for the entire community, instead of a grind simply to achieve tokens, or master title.
- Allow master chronicler to trade relics for other relics, or have the ability to purchase specific ones for fragments to get the ones needed. At master, creation of story shouldn't be farming/hunting down relics so others can enjoy the content, it should be focused on making fun content others might want.
- Incentivize quest creation beyond tokens, (specific reward items only for quest creators) as right now the end user gets more out of doing them than the person creating (thus leading to very few creators)
- Show # of silver or gold tokens that quest will generate for the end user
- At master, grant a % giveback of reward credits to the quest creator, as I feel ALL the reward coming out of pocket is a tough thing to swallow, but the doer of the quest should be rewarded for taking the time to do them, or par with similar legacy/content payouts (higher the quest difficulty, more credits rewarded/given back etc)
- Corrupted Draft files are a HUGE problem and need addressing, as building a quality story only to have it corrupted and lost is disheartening. As it is now, you really HAVE to do your entire story in notes, for fear of it getting lost/corrupted when using the actual system.
- Sticky the share amount when creating quests (taken from another thread on here -Versatti-)
- Chronicle coin exchange (KrackedVessel) - allow exchange from gold to silver, or just auto turn gold into 1000 silver when purchasing items
- New titles/badges (# of reviews or quests others have done of yours, etc)
- Stardock: semi-useless in it's current form (and really expensive), allow launch to space to/from the dock itself in the ships stored there. (actually what I thought it WAS ha)
- More cosmetic decor objects (probably true of anything anywhere ha)
- New mounts (bring back anakins pod racer, etc)