- Aug 18, 2022
- Reaction score
Bases now level up and all start out as a Forward Outpost (Rank 1). Over time, bases will level up and upgrade to a Field Hospital, Tactical Centre and finally a Detachment HQ (Rank 80). All of which offer new and fun functionality.
Levelling Up Your Base
- Time: For everyday the base remains intact, XP is granted.
- Personnel: any factionally aligned player can assign themselves to a specific base (similar to the way declaring city residence works). This not only promotes group play/investment, it also increases the daily XP gain and awards greater amounts for higher ranking players.
- Missions: complete Faction Missions from the base to gain additional XP.
- Protect: successfully defend the base from attackers
- Buff: entertain the troops (entertainer)
Level 1 to Level 20
- Improved ground mission terminal with greater credit and GCW payout. See player voice: Faction Terminals Rework
- Base Repair Terminal - a crafting mini game to repair damaged bases.
Level 21 to Level 40
- An additional faction specific Doctor Buff. Can only be applied by Doctors buffing from inside the base.
- Automatic wound healing when inside.
Level 41 to Level 60
- Landing Zone (Faction Only).
- Various Crafting Bonuses.
- Ability for ranked players to call in NPC reinforcements to defend a base.
Level 60 to Level 80 (Max)
- PvP mission terminal
- Starship Travel Terminal (Faction Only)
- Recruit Faction Pets
- Faction Insurance Terminal (Free to Insure)
Attacking Enemy Bases
This process remains relatively unchanged, except for a few tweaks.
Bases have a vulnerability window as before however, terminals used to set the base to self-destruct would no longer be tied to a profession.
Adding new and engaging ways for players to take part in the GCW.
Faction bases are a bit tired and this rework could freshen them up and give players more reason to use them. It would also be a unique base busting system for Restoration.
A concept to help improve GCW participation and give players real reason and excitement to place and defend factional bases.