The server was taken down for maintenance today and an update was applied. This update requires a client patch so be sure to run your launcher. The update notes are as follows:
- A corpse will now disappear after 4 minutes instead of 2 minutes so players have more opportunity to loot when in mob-heavy areas.
Macros and Unattended GameplayThis update introduces an adjusted approach to addressing unattended gameplay. As we previously announced in a Developer Diary (which has been updated based on these changes and our decision not to move forward with some components of our initial plan), we do not believe that players should derive benefits from the game systems (e.g.., experience points, credits, loot, etc.) while not actively at the computer playing the game. Accordingly, we have modified the functionality of macros and loot as follows:
- All macros will be dumped at a random interval between 40 and 60 minutes after you begin using a macro. There are no more "no macro" zones or exclusions. This applies universally across the galaxy at all places, for all players, doing anything while logged in.
- Your macros will not be dumped if all of the macros running consist of ONLY the permitted commands, which are enabled to allow entertainers and doctors to remain connected. As a reminder, player-to-player exchanges do not create system-generated benefits and thus are not subject to the unattended gameplay rules.
- If you start a macro at any time that contains commands that are not on the permitted commands list, the 40-60 minute timer will start and will trigger a dump of your macros, regardless of if you dump them before then.
- You will receive a system message warning you approximately 60 seconds before your macros are dumped and again when they are dumped.
- After your macros are dumped, you will be disconnected within 15 minutes if you are not actively playing the game.
- Players not considered active at the keyboard (meaning they are actively providing input from the mouse and keyboard for more than 15 minutes, regardless of whether they are running a macro) can no longer loot or harvest from corpses or gain loot or credits from space.
- NOTE: We will continue to evaluate these mechanics as they roll out and adjust as needed, including adding or removing permitted commands based on other use cases presented by players, if applicable.
- As a reminder, attempting to circumvent gameplay mechanics, including those noted herein designed to prevent unattended gameplay, is considered exploiting and will result in the termination of your account.
- The and commands now work properly.
- Blaze of Glory now works properly.
- You can now apply and change group buffs regardless of whether all group members are in range but only those within range will be affected. To apply group buffs, you must be the group leader of a group with at least 2 players.
- Second Chance now works properly. In order for damage to be mitigated across another group member, the group member must be visible to the attacking mob and less than 64 meters away.
- Second Chance will display a message in the combat log as “<mob> hit you for <points> pts of pre-mitigated damage via Second Chance” when you receive divided damage.
- Stats affected by Squad Leader Group Buffs will now update on the Character Sheet:
- Steady Aim will affect the value under Character Sheet > Offense: Accuracy
- Tactics will affect the values of Ranged and Melee under Character Sheet > Defense
- Blaze of Glory will affect Character Sheet > Skill Mods > Combat Offense: Critical Chance
- Call to Arms will affect Character Sheet > Armors (Kinetic, Energy, Heat, Cold, Acid, Electric)
- Hovering over a weapon displayed as a quest reward in the Quest Acceptance and Quest Journal windows will now display its type (e.g., Carbine, Rifle) in the tooltip.
- When examining a bracelet, a “Wrist” attribute will now display in the attributes pane indicating whether the bracelet is for the left or right wrist.
- Fixed a bug where the equipped weapon type displayed an unreadable string in the Character Sheet.