- Jun 8, 2021
- Reaction score
Introduce "featherweight" (open to appropriate name suggestions) clothing which can provide stats equivalent to equipping crafted R.I.S. armor.
- When equipped this should provide the TKM with the stats listed on the clothing pieces. This would need to override their current innate armor bonus.
- The clothing will have the same number of sockets as armor pieces. This doesn't necessarily mean the set needs the same number of pieces, for example a jacket could be given multiple sockets instead.
- The clothing will need to accept a breastplate SEA to make it in-line with actual armor.
- The clothing should accept health modifiying components, the same way R.I.S. does.
- The clothing should be slicable, if possible. These slices can just provide the same as what armor gives. The names of the slices might need to be adjusted for continuity.
- If there are any new assets to be used for the appearance that would be preferable to make it feel as "epic" as R.I.S., but not necessarily required.
- TKM should be a minimum to equip, you shouldn't be able to dip partly into TKA and use this.
- This should be hard to craft, so I suggest giving it the same requirement to craft as R.I.S., i.e. copy these schematics with a new name:
R.I.S. Armor Layer: https://swgtracker.com/?s=3643
R.I.S. Armor Segment: https://swgtracker.com/?s=3341
R.I.S Brestplate: https://swgtracker.com/?s=3346
R.I.S. Armor Piece: https://swgtracker.com/?s=3350
- These schematics should require master Tailor to learn, and benefit from clothing experimentation / clothing assembly for experimentation and crafting.
- The tailor should have to complete the appropriate R.I.S quests (or similar) and they also get granted these schematics. Open to something more creative, just don't want to complicate the implementation further.
-To make TKA innate armor competitive WITH a cost.
-To increase Tailor credit generation potential.
TKA innate armor offers 6k flat protection, the same as unlayered battle armor, which is removed when pieces of armor are equipped. While this is fine for some content, it cannot compete competitively as wearing armor is objectively better. The problem is that TKA does not get any battle armor mitigation, meaning it has to be paired with another master profession to benefit from this.
While it is possible to wear statted clothing, it is not in-line with armor as there are some slots for SEAs that are not available for clothing, and you cannot put health bonus' into clothing either.
The implementation of this is widely open to suggestions / discussion, I thought that this proposal would be fair implementation of this but there could be others that are less complicated.