The purpose of entering the GCW
is to show support for the Galactic Empire or Rebellion, to earn ranks in those factions, to achieve planetary control and server dominance, to affect spawns in the game, to earn experience and rewards, and to have fun!
There are two forms of this either PvE or PvP. Most believe the end goal for achieving rank is to PvP. On restoration the Temporary Enemy Flag (TEF) is not automatic for killing a factionally aligned NPC. Therefore, PvP is not forced.
Joining a Faction
To join a faction, you need to speak to a Rebel Recruiter/Imperial Recruiter or Rebel Pilot
Trainer. You can also support either side as a neutral player.
|Corellia||Coronet (Cantina)||/wp -342 -4466|
|Corellia||Tyrena (Cantina)||/wp -5259 -2521|
|Dantooine||Abandoned Rebel Base||/wp -6817 5511|
|Naboo||Moenia (Cantina)||/wp 4827 -4697|
|Rori||Rori Rebel Outpost||/wp 3683 -6460|
|Tatooine||Anchorhead (Cantina Basement)||/wp 137 -5349|
|Corellia||Bela Vistal||/wp 6718 -5809|
|Dantooine||Dantooine Imperial Outpost||/wp -4198 -2412|
|Lok||Lok Imperial Outpost||/wp -1843 -3069|
|Naboo||Dee'ja Peak||/wp 5307 -1584|
|Naboo||Theed||/wp -4927 4231|
|Rori||Restuss (Imperial base)||/wp 5916 5551|
|Talus||Talus Imperial Outpost||/wp -2192 2269|
|Tatooine||Bestine||/wp -1275 -3594|
|Tatooine||Bestine (Bunker Hill)||/wp -1138 -3897|
|Tatooine||Mos Eisley (Attached to Medical Center)||/wp 3499 -4752|
This is a non-pvp factional status. It allows you to attack or be attacked by factional NPCs of the opposing faction.
This is a PvP factional status. This allows you to attack or be attacked by both factional NPCs and factionally aligned PvP'ers.
This is a covert status. You will not be attacked by either factionally aligned NPCs or Players. You may be prevented from entering certain factionally aligned locations.
To escalate your status:
It takes 30 seconds to escalate from leave to combatant and combatant to special forces.
To deescalate your status:
Use the same /pvp command to drop from special forces to combatant. It takes 5 minutes to become combatant from special forces. You can only go on leave by visiting a factional recruiter and requesting leave.
Monitoring Planetary Control
The state of the Galactic Civil War!!!
GCW User Interface
These terminals are found during city invasions, for attackers they are located in the camps which spawn just outside of the city. For defenders they can be found near to where the General NPC spawns.
GCW War Intelpad
War Intelpads are crafted by Droid Engineers (requires schematic from the Corellian Times Vendor in Coronet - purchasable with Meatlump Lumps).
War Intelpad is stored in your inventory has the following functionality.
- Battlefield Status Update - this shows who is queuing for GCW battlefields and how long any active games have left on their timer
- GCW Info
- GCW Planetary Score - for the planet you are currently on
- GCW Factional Presence - indicates which contested regions/Space sectors have Special Forces players present
- GCW Personal Contribution - details the GCW regions/activities to which you have contributed in the last 30 days
- GCW Region Defender - shows a table of GCW regions are being defended by a player city or guild.
- GCW Officer Region
- Select your GCW Officer Region - to progress from the rank of Major you must assign yourself to a region
- Show Rebel Officer Region - shows which regions have been assigned to Rebel Majors, Commanders, Colonels and Generals
- Show Imperial Officer Region - shows which regions have been assigned to Imperial Majors, Lt. Colonels, Colonels and Generals
|Rank||GCW Points for Officer Upkeep||Perks||Buff Abilities|
|Private||DZ-70, R2, R3, R4 and R5 Droid Schematics|
|Trooper/Lance Corporal||Data Terminals and Tech Furniture for your home|
|High Trooper/Corporal||Electrobinoculars (Advanced, Superior, Experimental)|
|Sergeant||Faction Uniform, Standard Weapons|
|Master Sergeant||Small Block, Dish & Tower Turrets, Various Mines, Painting|
|Sergeant Major||Medium Block and Tower Turrets, PvP Bases (F.0/F.H), Medal|
|Lieutenant*||6,000||Large Block, Dish & Tower Turrets, Faction Spawn Perk: AT-ST or AT-XT, PvP Bases (T.C/D.HQ), Covert Detector|
|Captain*||9,000||Faction Banner||Adrenaline Rush|
|Major*||12,000||Faction Officer Armor 1st Half , Armor Dye Kit, Spawn Perk: GCW Placeable Turret||Last Man Standing|
|Commander/Lt.* Colonel||16,000||+5% Innate Armor, Faction Officer Armor 2nd Half||Retaliation|
|Colonel*||24,000||+10% Innate Armor, Faction Officer Signet, Armored BARC Speeder, Spawn Perk: Backup Fireteam (3 x elite NPC)||Stasis Laser / Unstoppable|
|General*||36,000||+20% Innate Armor, Faction Weapon Set, Spawn Perk: Backup Squad (1 x gold elite and 8 elite NPC)||Airstrike / Legendary Officer|
Indicates Commissioned Officer ranks. These ranks are part of a high risk high reward system, as such the Combatant status has been removed for Commissioned Officers and their only choice is to be On Leave
or Special Forces
Affecting the War (Planetary Control)
- It takes 20 NPCs to get a control score point.
- GCW points scored in a region contribute to that faction's score (No Cap)
- Points are designed to auto-balance to 50/50 control
- Player(s) Present in region as Combatant or Special Forces and Actively Playing
- Player(s) GCW Rank Kicker
- City Bonuses based on City Alignment
- Factional Bases
- Regional Defender System Bonus
Earning Faction Points
Faction NPC Spawns
If you explore the planetary surface you will find many squads of faction aligned NPCs wandering around. You may also discover factional NPCs guarding camp flags identical to those you would find on mission terminals.
|Imperial and Rebel NPCs 86% of your level and above.||Ground||5|
|Imperial and Rebel Elite NPCs. (Silver Elite)||Ground||10 - 15|
|Imperial and Rebel Elite Bosses||Ground||50|
|Imperial and Rebel Mission Flags||Ground||40 - 50|
|Imperial and Rebel NPC pilots.||Space||6 Points per Tier||The total amount of possible points is modified by the difference in Pilot tiers.|
Faction PvP Combat
|Imperial and Rebel players 70% of your level and above.||Ground||Each player can earn points depending on how much damage was done to the target by each player.|
|The total amount of possible points that can be scored each day depends on your rank.|
|Imperial and Rebel Player pilots.||Space||Point scores are based on combined ranks.||PvP kills will earn GCW points when:|
|Player Tier||Enemy Tier|
- GCW points are shared, split among group members.
- GCW bonus points are rewarded for going into battle outnumbered.
- The maximum amount of possible points that can be scored by a player each day is shared for PvP on the ground and in space.
- No more than a single rank will be awarded each week.
Faction Mission Terminals
Same points as Random!
Bases and the GCW
GCW Static Bases
In the July Game Update (Aug 8, 2022) , GCW Static Bases had been Added.
- Static bases have returned. Fight in PvP to hold important bases with unique rewards:
- Weapons Development Facility (Naboo at /way 936 -1582)
- Military Weapon Speed Enhancements
- Military Weapon Accuracy Enhancements
- Military Weapon Damage Booster Packs
- Military Weapon Critical Hit Booster Packs
- GCW Rally Banner
- Tactical Training Facility (Corellia at /way 4772 -5233)
- Military Stimpacks
- Military Adrenaline Injections
- Military Pain Numbing Powders
- Military Might Enhancements
- Military Positional Recovery Injection
- Industrial Research Center (Talus at /way -4899 -3137)
- Industrious Opportunity Inspiration Injection
- Crafting Innovation Injectable
- Experimental Experimentation Enhancement
- Creature Incubation Inoculation
- Expeditious Social Acclimation Enhancement
- Capture bases by interacting with each of four terminals on the base without interruption for 30 seconds.
- The longer you hold the base, up to 4 days, the more powerful the supplies that arrive (each buff available from the logistics officers inside increases in potency and power).
- Check with the logistics officer to see what is available for purchase, the status of the base (up to phase 5), and the duration before the next phase.
- Static base attacks are announced in the new #gcw-activity channel on Discord.
- When the server starts from a fresh restart, all terminals are unclaimed.
- When you attempt to capture an unclaimed terminal, it will become contested, and the factional logo will appear red. When a terminal is contested, you have 25 minutes for as many players as possible representing your faction to interact with the terminal. At the end of the 25-minute period, the faction with the most points wins control of the terminal. If there is a tie or no points, the faction with existing control wins the terminal (except if the previous phase was unclaimed, in which case the faction of the player who initiated the contested period will win the terminal). The terminal becomes controlled when the contested period ends, and the factional logo appears blue.
- If you attempt to capture a controlled terminal, the terminal will become vulnerable for 5 minutes, and the factional logo will appear orange. During these 5 minutes, you must have five players from your faction (who must be from separate accounts) interact with the terminal. A Smuggler can attempt to slice the terminal to reduce the requirement to 4 players. When the 5-minute vulnerability period has ended, if the required number of players have interacted with the terminal, the terminal will become contested and eligible for capture for 25 minutes following the procedure described above. If the 5-minute period ends without the required number of players interacting with the terminal, the terminal will return to controlled status.
- When you interact with a contested terminal, a terminal fatigue debuff will apply for 5 minutes, and you will be unable to interact with any terminals for the duration of the debuff.
- When a terminal leaves a contested status, it will enter a cool-down period for 1 hour, during which the terminal may not be attacked (i.e., it will be unable to go from controlled to vulnerable).
- All players that interact with a contested terminal and who win at the end of the contested period (i.e., they either maintain control for their faction in Defense or claim control for their faction in attack) will earn 10 GCW Tokens and 1,000 GCW Points (per terminal).
- Discord Announcements will be made when a terminal becomes contested, when the contested period ends, and when a factional base has changed control (where all terminals have controlled status for a single faction).
Bonus GCW is awarded in Combat
PvE Player Bases
PvE player bases are currently unobtainable/placeable since update 1.1.
PvP Player Bases: Overview
- There are 4 types of PvP base and these vary in size:
- Forward Outpost
- Field Hospital
- Tactical Centre
- Detachment HQ
- They are placeable by any faction player
- Can only be entered by Special Forces Players
- Players can place mines and turrets to support base defence
- If enemy SF players are in range of the base any destroyed turrets of mines cannot be replaced
- Defended internally by NPC elite guards
- Has a 3-hour vulnerability window which can be set by the base owner
- Vulnerable bases are indicated on the planetary map with a sun symbol
- Invulnerable bases are indicated on the planetary map with a moon symbol
- Vulnerable/invulnerable bases are also announced in the #gcw-activity discord channel
- Supports GCW control by locking out the contested region and preventing the opposing faction altering the score in that region until the base is destroyed
- Purchased from Faction Recruiters
- Players can place 1 base per character in any contested or uncontested region on the following Planets:
- Bases also help to maintain Commissioned Officer Ranks. Earning GCW Points in the vicinity of a Base will yield a bonus to awards.
- SF Forward Outpost - 2%, 750m
- Field Hospital - 3%, 1000m
- SF Field Hospital - 5%, 1000m
- Tactical Center - 6%, 1250m
- SF Tactical Center - 8%, 1250m
- Detachment Headquarters - 10%, 1500m
- SF Detachment Headquarters - 12%, 1500m
PvP Bases: Base Busting
Player placed bases enable players to lock GCW contested regions which prevents them from falling to the enemy. They also enable commissioned officers to advance in rank and it's for that reason placing and destroying PvP bases or "Base Busting" as it's known is an integral part of the GCW.
To effectively destroy a base, you will need to slice several terminals found inside the structure. These terminals only appear during the base vulnerability window, are randomly placed throughout the structure and require specific Professions
The following instructions will guide you through the base destruction sequence.
This terminal has a mini game wherein the Bounty Hunter
must guess the uplink signal. This is basically guessing a number between 1 and 10. Throughout you will receive messages advising if the number is higher or lower than selected frequency.
2. Slice the Security Terminal
There is no mini game for this terminal, the Smuggler
simply has to select the radial menu from terminal in order to slice it.
3. DNA Sequence Override Terminal
- (Novice Doctor
This mini game can be complex and requires you to match the DNA markers within a randomised control sequence (these are displayed in letter form). There are around 23 letters to match and you will need to remember that A and T are paired as are C and G. Select the letters in from the list until you complete the match. When matches are paired they appear in green.
It is possible to blindly click your way through this mini-game, however you risk making time an ally of the rebellion!
4. Power Regulator Terminal
- (Novice Commando
There is no mini game for this terminal, the Commando
simply has to radial select the terminal to realign the Power Regulator.
There is no mini game for this terminal, once the Squad Leader
uses the radial menu the 10-minute shutdown timer will commence.
You will need to remain vigilant as enemy Special Forces players can stop the countdown sequence, if they succeed you will need to slice all of the terminals again.
Successfully destroying a base awards between 250-1000 GCW and 100,000 - 400,000 credits depending on the size of the base.
- Rebel Themepark
- Imperial Themepark
|Massassi Isle||Destroy your enemy command terminals while defending your command terminals|
|Jungle Warfare||Destroy/defend command terminals, while a central command terminal can be captured repeatedly|
|Bunker Assault||One objective in a base|
|Data Runner||Get vital data to a communication tower or prevent data from getting to a communication tower|
- Battlefields are queued Events
- Score boards shows the player's faction, kills, assists, captures, deaths, damage, and healing
- Logging out removes you from queue
- Terminal Labels show on overheade map and who controls
- Invitations time out after 30 seconds
Bonus GCW is awarded in Combat
GCW City Invasionsgalactic-civil-war-invasions
GCW Space Battles
You earn GCW tokens by participating in galactic-civil-war-invasions
GCW Token Rewards
Game Update 15 Rewards
|DH-18A Blaster Pistol Prototype||Either||1000|
|Technical Readout of a Fourth Generation One-Handed Lightsaber Hilt||Either||1000|
|Technical Readout of a Fourth Generation Two-Handed Lightsaber Hilt||Either||1000|
|TC-22 Blaster Rifle Replica||Either||1000|
|Gand Shockprod Staff||Either||1000|
|Empty Weapons Rack||Either||500|
|10 x Factional Mini-Turret||Either||250|
|Schematic: Prop Ribbon (Right) Aqua||Either||500|
|Schematic: Prop Ribbon (Right) Lime||Either||500|
|Schematic: Prop Ribbon (Right) Orange||Either||500|
|Schematic: Prop Ribbon (Left) Aqua||Either||500|
|Schematic: Prop Ribbon (Left) Lime||Either||500|
|Schematic: Prop Ribbon (Left) Orange||Either||500|
GCW Faction Purchases
Recruiter Rank Purchase Item Dialogue
|Item||Rank 1st Available||Credit Cost Initial*||Description|
|R2 Droid Schematic||Private||165000|
|R3 Droid Schematic||Private||180000|
|R4 Droid Schematic||Private||195000|
|R5 Droid Schematic||Private||210000|
|Surgical Droid Schematic||Private||16500|
|Dead Eye Prototype Schematic||Private||15000||Prototype Drug that increases Accuracy|
|Rebel Assault/Battle/Marine Armor <Piece>||Private + Weaponsmith ?||20000 Boots and Gloves; 25000 Helmet, Biceps, Bracers, Leggings; 30000 Chest|
|Tech Coffee Table||Trooper||75000|
|Tech End Table||Trooper||75000|
|Electrobinoculars||High Trooper||15000||Buff Item: Modify chance to detect hidden enemies by 20.00 points|
|Advanced Electrobinoculars||HIgh Trooper||22500||Buff Item: Modify chance to detect hidden enemies by 40.00 points|
|Superior Electrobinoculars||HIgh Trooper||30000||Buff Item: Modify chance to detect hidden enemies by 65.00 points|
|Experimental Electrobinoculars||HIgh Trooper||37500||Buff Item: Modify chance to detect hidden enemies by 100.00 points.|
|Small Block Turret||Senior Sergeant|
|Small Dish Turret||Senior Sergeant|
|Small Tower Turret||Senior Sergeant|
|DRX-55 Mine||Senior Sergeant|
|SR-88 Cryo-Mine||Senior Sergeant|
|We Will Never Surrender (Painting)||Senior Sergeant|
|Medium Block Turret||Sergeant Major|
|Medium Tower Turret||Sergeant Major|
|HQ: Forward Outpost||Sergeant Major|
|HQ: Field Hospital||Sergeant Major|
|S.F. HQ: Forward Outpost||Sergeant Major|
|S.F. HQ: Field Hospital||Sergeant Major|
|Crimson Phoenix Medal of the Rebel Alliance||Sergeant Major||4 stat necklace: 30 Con 24 Pre 24 Str 30 Luck|
|Large Block Turret||Lieutenant|
|Large Dish Turret||Lieutenant|
|Large Tower Turret||Lieutenant|
|HQ: Tactical Center||Lieutenant|
|HQ: Field Hospital||Lieutenant|
|S.F.HQ: Tactical Center||Lieutenant|
|S.F.HQ: Detachment Hedquarters||Lieutenant|
|Factional Banner||Captain||AOE buff Effect :|
+ Profession Buff ?
|Grey Spec Ops Armor Leggings||Major|
|Grey Spec Ops Armor Belt||Major|
|Grey Spec Ops Armor Boots||Major|
|Technical Readout of an Rebel Spec Ops Armor Dye Kit||Major|
|Grey Spec Ops Armor Left Bicep||Commander|
|Grey Spec Ops Armor Right Bicep||Commander|
|Grey Spec Ops Armor Left Bracer||Commander|
|Grey Spec Ops Armor Right Bracer||Commander|
|Grey Spec Ops Armor Gloves||Commander|
|Grey Spec Ops Armor Helmet||Commander|
|Grey Spec Ops Armor Chest Plate||Commander|
|Colonel Ring||Colonel||24 Strength, 60 Constitution, 24 Precision, 40 Agility|
|BARC Command Vehicle||Colonel|
|Windu's Guile Lightsaber Crystal||General|
|Exceptional Rebel DL44 Pistol||General|
|The Legendary Starlight Carbine||General||Overwhelming Firepower" process debuff effect|
|The Legendary Crimson Nova Pistol||General||Overwhelming Firepower" process debuff effect|
|The Legendary Vortex Rifle||General||Overwhelming Firepower" process debuff effect|
|The Legendary Reaper Cannon||General||Overwhelming Firepower" process debuff effect|
|Prototype Rebel Crafter's Backpack||General|
* Prices are discounted based on GCW Control
Galactic Civil War Token Vendor
Game Update 15 Items
|DH-18A Blaster Pistol Prototype||1000|
|Technical Readout of a Fourth Generation One-Handed Lightsaber Hilt||1000|
|Technical Readout of a Fourth Generation Two-Handed Lightsaber Hilt||1000|
|TC-22 Blaster Rifle Replica||1000|
|Gand Shockrod Staff||1000|
|Factional Mini Turret||250||Mini-Turret Effect|
|Batte Worn Marine Armor <Piece>||300 for Belt, Biceps, Bracers; 800 for Chest Plate; 500 for Leggings|
|Battle Worn Rebel Assault Armor <Piece>||300 for Belt, Biceps, Bracers; 800 for Chest Plate; 500 for Leggings|
|Battle Worn Rebel Battle Armor <Piece>||300 for Belt, Biceps, Bracers; 800 for Chest Plate; 500 for Leggings|
|Battle Worn Rebel SpecForce Armor <Piece>||300 for Belt, Biceps, Bracers; 800 for Chest Plate; 500 for Leggings|
|Empty Weapons Rack||500|
|A 10 point GCW Rebel Insignia||1|
|A 100 point GCW Rebel Insignia||10|
|A 1000 point GCW rebel Insignia||100|
|Prop Glowstick (Left) - Rebel||500|
|Prop Glowstick (Right) - Rebel||500|
|Schematic: Prop Mystical Ribbon (Right) - <Color>||500|
|Schematic: Prop Mystical Ribbon (Left) - <Color>||500|
|AT-XT Familiar Deed||5000||Force of Detection: +30 Detect Camouflage|
|Battle Worn Imperial Galactic Marine <Piece>||300 for Belt, Biceps, Bracers; 800 for Chest Plate; 500 for Leggings|
|Battle Worn Imperial Stormtrooper<Piece>||300 for Belt, Biceps, Bracers; 800 for Chest Plate; 500 for Leggings|
|Battle Worn Imperial Scout Trooper Armor Left <Piece>||300 for Belt, Biceps, Bracers; 800 for Chest Plate; 500 for Leggings|
|Battle Worn Imperial Shock Trooper Armor <Piece>||300 for Belt, Biceps, Bracers; 800 for Chest Plate; 500 for Leggings|
|A 10 Point GCW Imperial Insignia||1|
|A 100 Point GCW Imperial Insignia||10|
|A 1000 Point GCW Imperial Insignia||100|
|Prop Glowstick (Left) - Imperial||500|
|Prop Glowstick (Right) - Imperial||500|
|Schematic: Imperial Gunner Helmet||1000|
|Schematic: Bestine Imperial Planning Table||500|
|Schematic: Dearic Imperial Planning Table||500|
|Schematic: Keren Imperial Planning Table||500|
|AT-ST Familiar Deed||5000||Force of Detection: +30 Detect Camouflage|
Turned Off ?