is one of the six core character attributes
. Each effective point of Opportune Chance grants General Accuracy
, Critical Hit Reduction, Critical Hit Chance, Healing Efficiency, Medical Combat
Speed, as well as increasing the chance of <Lucky> Events
- Accuracy: 0.33 per point
- Critical Hit Reduction: 1% per hundred points
- Critical Hit Chance: 1% per hundred points
- Healing Efficiency: 0.5 per point
- Medical Combat Speed: 0.33 per point
Opportune Chance increases the likelihood you will have <Lucky> Events
happen to you. These Events
can happen while in Combat
or healing and while selling to junk dealers.
- Crafting Assembly: Crafters who catch a lucky break can benefit from a Critical Success during the Assembly phase of creating their item.
- Crafting Experimentation: During Experimentation, Traders can get a lucky break that will give their experiment a Critical Success.
- Armor and Weapon Repair: During repair, Opportune Chance can increase the probability of a positive repair outcome, but it is always possible to have a total failure or poor repiar regardless of amount of Opportune Chance.
- Combat and Faction: During combat, anyone fighting has a chance to be lucky which will earn them bonus Faction Points.
- Healing: All healing actions including the use of special abilities, healing others and even using stim-packs have the chance to receive a lucky break that will boost the effectiveness of the heal.
- Fencing: Another interesting chance for a lucky break is selling your goods to a Junk Dealer. Everyone has the opportunity for this lucky break which increases the item's "sell rate." A player can tell when they've been lucky because all of the prices of their goods will be considerably higher than usual.
- Experience: If you're really lucky, you can get a bonus to your experience point (XP) rewards while you're playing the game. It can happen at any time whether you are on the ground or in Space, questing or Crafting – as long as you're doing something that earns you XP.
- Fishing: You may also notice a faster catch rate/ better catch while fishing if you have a high luck stat.
- Foraging: While foraging, the higher your Luck skill, the better your forage results!
- Rare Loot Chests: The probability to loot a Rare Loot Chest will increase by 0.1% for every 100 points of Opportune Chance you have up to a maximum chance of 1%. For example, if you have 350 Opportunity Chance, the probability of looting a Rare Loot Chest is 0.8%.