The Rare Loot System is a looting mechanic that gives all qualifying mobs in the galaxy a chance to drop a Rare Loot Chest with unique and hard-to-find valuables. The system was introduced by SOE during the NGE as part of Hot Fix 17.10
and is available on Restoration III. The Rare Loot System was refactored by Restoration III as part of the October 2021 Mid-Month Patch
Rare Loot Chance
Minimum Qualifications to Loot
In order to even have the chance at rare loot, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- You must be actively providing user input (be at the keyboard, not just using a macro).
- If you are in a group, every group member within 30m of the defeated mob must also be active at the keyboard.
- The mob must be at least Level 40.
- The mob must not be lower than 5 Combat Levels below you (for example, if you are level 70, defeating a level 68 mob will still give you a chance for Rare Loot, but defeating a level 64 will not).
- You cannot earn rare loot on the last planet where you previously earned rare loot. For example, if you last looted rare loot on Tatooine, you must loot a Rare Loot Chest on another planet (e.g., Dathomir) before you can loot a Rare Loot Chest again on Tatooine.
- You cannot earn rare loot on the same mob as the last one that you got rare loot from. For example, if you last got rare loot from a Tusken Raider, you must loot a Rare Loot Chest from a different mob before it will be possible to loot one from a Tusken Raider again.
Probability for Rare Loot
If a player meets all of the Bare Minimum Qualifications to Loot, they will have a 0.5% chance to loot a Rare Loot Chest. For every 100 points of Opportune Chance
(luck) a player has, they will gain 0.1% chance up to a maximum of 1%. For example, if you have 350 points of Opportune Chance
, the probability of looting a Rare Loot Chest is 0.8%.
Probability for Chest Types
The chance to loot a "Rare" level chest is 70%. If a player rolls in the other 30%, they will either receive an "Exceptional" or "Legendary" chest. The chance for a Legendary level chest is increased if you are defeating a silver (or increased even more for a gold) elite mob. The Developers have intentionally chosen not to provide additional information about chest type probability.
Rare Loot Collection
With the release of the Rare Loot System, a collection was added to the game which tracks whether you've looted each of the 3 Rare Loot Chest Types (Rare, Exceptional, and Legendary). Upon looting all 3 types, players earn the "Fortune Hunter" title.
Rare Loot Items
The Developers have never published a list of items that can be attained via the Rare Loot System. A running list of items others have previously attained on the live game is on the SWG Wiki
, but it may be outdated or inaccurate.
Players can add a list of items they've looted on Restoration III here...
Rare Loot Chest
An Aurilian Sculpture Section 1
An Aurilian Sculpture Section 3
An Aurilian Sculpture Section 4
AT-ST Pilot’s Helmet
Bar Corner Piece 2 Schematic
Bar Corner Piece 3 Schematic
Bar Counter Large Schematic
Bothan Beauty (Painting)
Bothan Buff (Painting)
Cast Wing In Flight (Painting)
Darth Vader Hologram
Database Input Terminal
Data Disc Hologram
Decorative Bubble Tank
Droid In Contrast (Painting)
Emperor’s Eyes (TIE Sentinel) Painting
Family Bonds (Painting)
Fighter’s Courage (Painting)
Fighter Study (Painting)
Hanging Life Day Orb
Holonet Tracking Console
Hutt Greed (Painting)
Imperial Oppression (TIE Oppressor) Painting
Kachirho Wall Cornucopia
Life Day Painting
Living Canals (Painting)
Luke Skywalker Hologram
Main Systems Databank
Miniature AT-AT Replica
Miniature Cu Pa Replica
Miniature Jabba the Hutt Replica
Miniature Protocol Droid Replica
Miniature Tusken Raider Replica
Miniature Wroshyr Tree
No Division (Painting)
Nym Collectible Globe
Poster of Food
Poster of Ship Schematic
Poster of Turret Schematic
Remembrance Day Yoda Fountain
Sample Readout Console
Schematic: Jedi Statue
System Readout Terminal
Dune Speeder (Painting)
Warrior’s Honor (Painting)
Wookiee Home Banner Kit
Xeno Desk Lamp
YT1300 Passenger Lounge
Exceptional Loot Chest
An Aurilian Sculpture Section 2
Dusk In Kachirho (Painting)
Emperor’s Senate Office Chair
Empire Day Emperor’s Statue
A Festive Gathering (No Trade Shared) Painting
Galactic Gathering (Painting)
Jedi Master Yoda Hologram
Lambda Shuttle Hologram
Life Day Lamp
Portrait of the Emperor (No Trade Shared) Painting
Poster of Block Turret Schematic
The War Phoenix (No Trade Shared) Painting
Legendary Loot Chest
A Rebel Painting (No Trade Shared)
Portrait of Lady T’Inia
Portrait of High Commander T’Inia