Armorsmith is an Elite Artisan
profession that creates armor, PSGs (Personal Shield Generators), and assorted clothing items (belts, gloves and boots are considered clothing). Combatants are in constant need of protection in the field and Armorsmiths keep busy due to gradual item decay.
Armorsmith is one of the more difficult Elite Professions
to truly master. Each armor type and subcomponent typically requires very specific resources and often are creature organic - meaning they can not be auto-harvested. Those resources must also be extremely high quality to maximize protection. If that wasn't enough, multitudes of factory runs to create all of those high-quality sub-components
- Armor Pieces and Sets
- Personal Shield Generators (PSG’s)
- Armor Repairs & Repair Kits
- Armor Color Kits
Requirements and Grinding
Novice Armorsmith requires Engineering IV from the Artisan
tree to advance.
The Armorsmith grind is on the longer end of grind times but still only takes 3-4 hours. Speeds up quite a bit once you hit Ubese Shirts.
- Any Segment (Assault Segment Example - Polymer, Steel, Iron, Scaley Hide)
- Option to craft Assault Segment and in Basic Assault Cores (+Gems)
- Get to 3XXX then Ubese Shirts (Fiberplast, Iron, Steel) rest of the way
Although there are many more resource types listed below, most of the specifically-named resources are listed below for convenience.
- Protection - Overall Quality / Shock Resistance
- Condition - Overall Quality / Decay Resistance / Shock Resistance
Specific Named Segment & Core Resources
- Assault - Wooly Hide (Dantooine), Fiberplast (Dathomir), Kammris Iron, Mythra Copper
- Battle - Bristley Hide (Naboo), Fiberplast (Corellian), Phirik Aluminum, Beyrllius Copper
- Recon - Leathery Hide (Lok), Fiberplast (Naboo), Carbinite Steel, Link-Steel Aluminum
- Assault - Scaley Hide
- Battle - Wooly Hide
- Recon - Leathery Hide
Appearance Armor Organic Resources
- Bone - Bone
- Chitin - Bone
- Composite - Wooly Hide
- Ithorian Defender - Polymer
- Ithorian Guardian - Bone
- Ithorian Sentinel - Leathery Hide
- Kashyyyk Black Mountain - Wooly Hide, Endorian Evergreen Wood
- Kashyyyk Ceremonial - Leathery Hide, Endorian Conifer Wood
- Kashyyyk Hunting - Scaley Hide, Endorian Deciduous Wood
- Marauder - Bristley Hide
- Padded - Scaley Hide
- Tantel - Avian Bone
- Ubese - Leathery Hide
Types of Armor
Restoration III Armor Types
Armor Damage Mitigation
Each character starts with 0 armor. As each piece is equipped, it adds a percentage of the armor stats. You can see your armor rating on your character sheet (c).
|ARMOR PIECE||ARMOR CONTRIBUTION (of Your Armor Rating)|
|Chest||35% (50% for Marabi & Ubese)|
|Right Bicep||7% (No Marabi & Ubese)|
|Left Bicep||7% (No Marabi & Ubese)|
Types of damage:
- Elemental (Heat, Cold, Acid, Electric)
|ARMOR RATING||PERCENT DAMAGE REDUCTION|
- Special Protection (OQ/SR)
- Protection is primarily determined in experimentation of the layers, segments, and cores.
- Affects the strength of the armor. Primary experimentation type.
- Condition (OQ/DR/SR)
- Condition is primarily determined in the final appearance product.
- Affects the overall condition points of the armor. Secondary experimentation type.
Full Set of Armor Example
Example of sub-component requirements for a full set of armor:
Example of an un-layered armor piece. Stats will be based on the Special Protection experimentation in Segments & Cores.
Layers are sub-components built in to the Armor Segment, which modify its base stat.
- Unlayered Assault Armor caps at 7000/5000/6000
- Add 4x Primus Layers (50/50/-50) = (+200/+200/-200) in each Segment
- 3x Segments go into each Core = (+600/+600/-600)
- (7000/5000/6000) + (+600/+600/-600) = (7600/5600/5400)
Assault Armor Caps
Kinetic and Primus (+900/-300/-300)
Battle Armor Caps
Energy and Primus (-300/+900/-300)
Reconaissance Armor Caps
Energy and Primus (-300/+900/-300)
Advanced Layered Armor
Example of a piece of advanced armor with additional bake-ins, Krayt Scales as well as Peko Feathers
Although quality only matters on the final product, construction will require a Master Artisan
- Utilize an Armor Repair Kit
- As a general rule, repairs are recommended above 30% of condition, although never verified
- Assembly Skill and Opportune Chance determine the outcome of repairs - try to be as close to +250 Assembly as possible
- Can use an Assembly Power Up (by Reverse Engineer) to maximize chance
- Armor Color Kits can be used to re-color player armor
- Crafting suits are highly recommended for Armorsmith
- Suggested setup: +Armor Assembly (for sockets and repairs), +Armor Experimentation (12pts), +Opportune Chance
- Sockets will almost always be desired so players can place SEAs in the armor
- For a guaranteed socket the crafter will need to get to +160 Armor Assembly
- Core Stats can be baked in such as Ranged General or Melee General
- Craft an Armor Power Bit by inserting a Power Bit and a Modifier Bit
- These are added in at the final appearance craft
For example, an RE armor bit with a ratio of 10 must have an associated power bit between 25-35 to yield RE +1.
- Max Health of a Peko Feather is +25 and can be used in any armor for a maximum contribution of +175 health (+25*7)
- Peko Peko Feathers drop from Peko Albatross and Peko Matriarchs on Naboo
- These enhancements go into the final appearance craft
- For a full set you will need a stack of 7 feathers
- Max Health of a Krayt Scale is +25 and can be used in Battle Armor for a maximum contribution of +525 health (+75*7).
- Krayt Scales go in at the Armor Segment level
- Need a stack of 13 to go into the Chest (9 total Segments, 1 for Segment schematic, 3 for the Core schematic)
- Legs and Helmet can use stacks of 10 (6 total Segments, 1 for Segment schematic, 3 for the Core schematic)
- Rest of the pieces can use small stacks of 3
- Total is ~13+10+10+3+3+3+3 =45 scales although there are other methods as well
- Most effective 'full suit' of Krayt scales is the 3x13 method: You run 3 sets of 13 (12 once you burn the schematic) to make segments, then take those 3 stacks of 12 and make your core to get 11 after the burn: 11 cores is enough for a full suit.
- The R.I.S. armor schematic is achieved via completing the Mol Ni'mai Quest Line
- To craft the armor you will also need looted sub-components
- Giant Dune Kimogila Scales (Lok, Kimogila Town POI)
- Woolamander Harrower Bone Fragment (Yavin IV, Woolamander POI)
- Gurk King Hide (Lok, two locations with two hour respawn timers)
- Peko Peko Albatross Feather (Naboo)
-SoloWest, July 2022