Chefs provide food and drinks for a wide variety of occasions. Food and drink provide buffs to various Attributes
and will fill part of the respective food and drink meters, which slowly digest (decay) to allow more food and drink to be consumed. Whether you are Crafting
, PvP'ing, farming, or harvesting - foods are an incredibly important aspect of the end game and are always in demand.
Chef can be particularly tricky due to reliance on Flora resource that not many other Professions
utilize as well as a variety of resource quality combinations. In addition, a Chef needs a good Bio Engineer to help craft top-end goods.
- Player Food
- Player Drink
- Pet Food
- Beast Dietary Supplements
Requirements & Grinding
Novice Chef requires Domestics IV from the Artisan
skill tree. The Chef grind is
Required (Chef Profession only):
914,200 Food Crafting XP
135k Credits (for training)
The following guide provides a relatively straightforward way to get from novice to master.
The resources do not need to be of high quality. Find or harvest the cheapest you can.
A crafting macro is recommended to speed up the process.
With a decent crafting macro and all of the materials already gathered you can achieve master chef from novice in under an hour.
The following XP amounts and requirements assume:
- You do NOT have an experience buff from an Entertainer
- You craft using practice mode for the experience bonus.
|Artisan --> Novice Chef||Generic Crafting Tool||1100 Metal (12 M / 4 M / 4M each)|
|Artisan Domestic Arts IV||Large Glasses||100 Gemstone|
|Desserts IV-> Master Chef||Kiwik Clusjo Swirl||8800 Berries, 4400 Fruits, 4400 Water (40 B / 20 F / 20 W each)||Berries are not "Fruits". Be sure you get "Fruits" and not "Fruit"(singular).|
- Use a grinding macro (see Crafting page)
- Get an Entertainer experience buff
- Use practice mode
- Get a crafting droid and grind next to the trainer
- Chef will require a wide variety of resources, primarily focused on Flora. This in itself is tricky because not many other Professions utilize flora and keeping up with ~150 different varietals of planet-specific resources is a daunting task.
Qualities & Experimentation
- OQ/FL (Flavor - Duration of Food)
- OQ/PE (Nutrition - Effect of Food)
- PE/DR (Quantity)
- OQ/DR (Filling)
ABOUT FOOD & DRINK
Food provides temporary buffs to your stats. These can be modifiers to your HAM or a wide assortment of skills.
Characters have separate food & drink filling bars on your Character Sheet (c). Each bar goes up to 100 and is emptied over the course of 30 minutes (3-1/2 fill per minute). Consumed food & drink fills up your filling bar and cannot go over 100.
Food and drink with the same stat buffs cannot be stacked. Rather, whatever you eat or drink last will replace the previous food.
For example, Kiwik Clusjo Swirl and Caf both have a Mind Regeneration
buff and therefore cannot be used at the same time.
HOW IT WORKS
Food & Drink
- Various foods will require sub-components
- Drinks utilize containers (in various sizes)
- Additives from Bio-Engineer enhance certain aspects of the food
Example Food or Drink
Containers are required for drinks and affect the quantity of the final product..
- Small Glass: 1x multiplier (base quantity)
- Large Glass: 1.5x multiplier
- Cask: 3x multiplier
Pet food prevents a pet from being hungry and improves loyalty.
Types of Pet Food
- Blubbery Fish Substitute
- Coarse Fish Substitute
- Cooked Fish Substitute
- Cooked Meat Substitute
- Dry Fruit Substitute
- Fatty Fish Substitute
- Fatty Meat Substitute
- Juicy Fruit Substitute
- Sour Fruit Substitute
- Stringy Meat Substitute
- Sweet Fruit Substitute
- Tender Meat Substitute
Pet Food Crafting
Pet foods recently were changed to be able to be run in a factory along with other food items.
Beast Dietary Supplements
Beast Dietary Supplements are items given to pets to increase experience gain
They come in types A-N and strengths Mark I and Mark II.
Note: Beast Dietary Supplements use Weapon/Droid/General Crafting Tools, Stations, and an Equipment Factory, rather than Food/Chemical
- Suggest crafting suit with +Food Experimentation as well as +Artisan Experimentation (if you are Master Artisan for those foods).
Master Artisan (25 Exp Pts)
- Many utilized foods are actually in the Artisan skill tree and utilize Artisan Experimentation, of which you can get many more than 12 experimentation points for by learning other Novice crafting Professions.
- Cap for Master Artisan is 25 experimentation points by having a crafting suit + being human + having Novice Armorsmith, Architect, Chef, Tailor, and Shipwright (You need ALL of them)
- Casks are the most efficient for making drinks due to the 3x quantity multiplier
- These will require crafted Trim from a Tailor, so find a friend!
- Chef will require many factory runs for sub-components. Recommend to go ahead and opt for the full 1k runs to make things in mass quantities
- Utilize the Factory Speed buff from Entertainers to gain the +25% bonus while your toon is online
- These are supplements to foods that boost properties of crafted foods and are made by Bio Engineers with Medical Experimentation and are a must to craft high quality foods.
Light Food Additives
Medium Food Additives
Heavy Food Additives
Food & Drink Recipes
- Mandalorian Wine - Looted from DWB Ghosts & Wraiths. This is an unlimited-use schematic
- Pear Shaped Bottle (loot)
- Fat Bottle (loot)
- ... Many many more
Useful Chef Links
LIST OF FOOD AND DRINK
Common Food and Drink Quick Reference
Combat Focused Food and Drink
|Food||Blob Candy||Action Regen||HIGH|
|Drink||Caf||Health, Mind Regen||HIGH|
|Food||Ahrisa||Health, Mind Regen|
|Food||Pikatta Pie||Dodge Bonus||MED|
|Food||Exo Protein||Damage Mitigation||MED|
|Drink||Pica Thundercloud||Ranged Defense||MED|
|Drink||Deuturiam Pyro||Ranged Accuracy||LOW|
|Drink||Corellian Ale||Melee Accuracy||LOW|
|Drink||Ruby Bliel||Stim Roundtime||LOW|
|Food||Bofa Treat||Health Regen||HIGH|
|Food||Kiwik Clusjo Swirl||Health, Action Regen, Mind Regen||MED|
|Food||Teltier Noodles||Health, Action Regen||HIGH|
|Food||Air Cake||Dodge Bonus||MED|
|Food||Vagnerian Canape||Health, Mind, Health Regen||MED|
|Drink||Mandalorian Wine||Health, Health Regen, Action Regen, Mind Regen||MED|
Utility Focused Food & Drink
|Drink||Bespin Port||Crafting Experimentation Bonus on Next Experimentation|
|Food||Bivoli Tempari||Buffing Efficiency|
|Food||Caramelized Pkneb||Cure Efficiency|
|Food||Pyollion Cake||Crafting Assembly Bonus|
|Food||Dustcrepe||Opportune Chance Bonus|
|Food||Veghash||Creature Harvest Bonus|
|Food||Kommerken Steak||Bonus to Foraging and Treasure Maps|
|Food||Almond-Kwevvu||Creature Taming Bonus|
|Drink||Starshine Surprise||Exceptional Milk Chance Bonus, Faster Milking|
Less Common or Non-Functional Food and Drink
|Gralinyn Juice||Acc vs Creature +39|
|Jaar||Agility +4, Constitution +5|
|Ithorian Mist||Fire Resistance 27, Fire Absorbtion +15|
|Garrmorl||Health Regen 162, Action Regen 50, Mind Regen 200|
|Blue Milk||Cure Efficiency +15|
|Accarragm||Health Regen 82, Action Regen 200, Mind Regen 200|
|Blood Chowder||Bleed Resist +23, Bleed Absorbtion +15|
|Citrus Snow Cake||Healing Efficiency +20|
|Gorrnar||Clone Wound Reduction +17|
|Gruuvan Shaal||Health +100, Health Regen +200|
|K-18 Rations||Agility +14|
|Karkan Ribenes||Health Regen +56|
|Thakitillo||Healing Efficiency +47|
|Travel Biscuits||Terrain Negotiation +17|
|Trimpian||Fire Resistance +19, Fire Absorbtion +20|
|Kanali Wafers||Health +120, Health Regen +100|
|Smuggler's Delight||Spice Downer Reduction +37|
|Meat Jerky||Health +88|
|Halva||Disease Resist +12, Disease Absorb +20|
|Parwan Nutricake||Healing Potency +4, Constitution +65|
|Scrimpi||Health +84, Action Regen +200|
|Won Won||Health +130, Health Regen +200, Action Regen +50|
-SoloWest, June 2022
-Grogar, Feb 2022