Droid Engineers build and provide Droids and other useful items to other players in SWG. Droid types include Combat
, Utility, Bounty Hunter
Droids and Astromech Droids/Flight Computers. Useful items include Reverse Engineering PowerUps, Crafters Knives and even a Vehicle
The trick to Droid Engineer is managing a large subset of components used for each droid. A high quality combat droid, for example, may use 30 separate sub-components so get your factories ready! Luckily, resource quality doesn't matter for a vast majority of the components. Be sure to also master Artisan
or find a good friend to provide you the electronics components you'll need.
All experience in Droid Engineer is Droid Crafting
Experience except Novice Droid Engineer requires General Crafting Experience.
- Novice Droid Engineer (4xxx Artisan and then 28,800 general crafting xp to Novice Droid Engineer)
- Droid Production
- Droid Construction Techniques
- Droid Refinement
- Droid Blueprints
- Master Droid Engineer
- Combat Droids
- Harvest Droids
- Storage Droids
- Crafting Droids
- Medical Droids
- Merchant Barker Droids
- Entertainer Droids
- Interplanetary Survey Droids (ISD's)
- Bounty Hunter Droids (Arakyd & Seeker)
- Astromech Droids
- Flight Computers
- Blank Program Flight Chips
- Bio-Engineer Components (Enzyme Processing Separation Tray, Enzyme Centrifuge)
- Vehicle (Mustafarian Panning Droid)
Requirements & Grinding
Novice Droid Engineer requires Engineering IV from the Artisan skill tree.
- Deed for MSE Droid - 53 Metal, 15 Chemical
- Train Intermediate Droid Blueprints (xxx1) at 48,000 Droid Crafting XP
- Component: Manipulator Arm Package Set - 65 Metal, 18 Ferrous Metal, 60 Extrusive Ore
- Train Advanced Droid Blueprints (xxx2) at 67,200 Droid Crafting XP
- Component: Advanced Droid Frame Unit - 150 Steel, 70 Fiberplast
- Continue to Master Droid Engineer
In sum, buy (or harvest) a pile of cheap Steel, Fiberplast and Extrusive Ore. That’s all you need!
- See the Crafting page for a crafting macro
- Get an Entertainer buff for an extra 15% xp
- Utilize practice mode for +5% xp
Almost all of the experimentation where it matters will utilize Effectiveness and a combination of Overall Quality and Conductivity.
- Effectiveness - OQ/CD
- Interplanetary Survey Droids - OQ/SR/UT
Where it Matters
Currently, resource quality, experimentation and assembly only matter in a select number of items Droid Engineers make. The final chassis does not even make a difference while experimenting - only the modules below.
(Special thanks to Wharfdale for providing this list)
- Combat Module - Max potential is 110
- Item Storage Modules - Max potential is 11+ (Can have a maximum of 3 in one droid providing 30 total item storage)
- Armor Level 6 - Max potential is 11+
- Data Modules - Max potential is 11+
- Auto Repair - Max potential is 25
- Medical Module Level 6 - Max potential is 110
- Creature Harvest Module - Max potential is 20 (can have 6 total in an R3, Adv for a total of 120)
- ISD's - Experiment on both use count as well as effectiveness to reduce report time
HOW IT WORKS
Droid modules are the base of every droid. Each module adds a function to the droid you are crafting.
There are three classes of modules - Combat, General, and Defensive. Almost all modules are General except Droid Combat, Detonation (rarely used), and Droid Armor
|MODULE TYPE||MODULE CLASS||LEVELS||DESCRIPTION|
|Droid Medical Module||General||1-6||Allows Doctors to primarily heal wounds much faster|
|Module - Crafting Station||General||5 Types||A private crafting station on wheels|
|Module - Creature Harvest||General||1||Droid will automatically harvest creature resource|
|Module - Droid Armor||Defensive||1-6||Adds General Protection to the droid|
|Module - Droid Combat||Combat||1||Adds combat damage to the droid|
|Module - Droid Data||General||1-6||Adds data pad storage as well as Pilot Astromech certification to the droid|
|Module - Droid Item Storage||General||1-6||Adds item storage to the droid|
|Module - Effect||General||6 types||Adds Entertainer effects to the droid|
|Module - Merchant Barker||General||1||Allows a Merchant to program a text field to repeat while logged in|
|Module - Thyferran Buff Enhancement ***||General||1||Allows Doctors to buff for a much longer duration|
|Module - Hand Sample||General||1||Gives bonus to hand sampling resources|
|Module - Detonation||Combat||1-5||Rarely used droid combat function|
|Module - Auto-Repair||General||1||Enables the droid to repair other droids in the area|
Socket Clusters are groupings of 3 modules. For example, a Combat and General Module Socket Cluster could have 1 Droid Combat module, a Creature Harvest module, and a Droid Storage module.
- Socket Cluster - Combat Modules Only
- Socket Cluster - Combat and General Modules
- Socket Cluster - General Modules Only
Certain droids are better suited for certain functions due to the amount and type of modules available.
Combat Level (CL) is a function of the sum module Combat Rating and the Armor Level. For every 10 Combat Rating the droid gets 1 Combat Level. For every Armor Level the droid gains 5 Combat Levels.
(Combat Rating/10) + (Armor Level x 5) =Combat Level
(Combat Rating 150 /10 =15) + (Droid Armor 3 x5 =15) = CL30
Note the maximum droid level is CL60.
|Module - Droid Combat||1||110||Combat Rating Cap is +1,320 (12x 110)|
|Module - Droid Armor 1|
|Module - Droid Armor 2|
|Module - Droid Armor 3|
|Armor Cap is +12 so only 2x Droid Armor 3's are required|
|Module - Droid Armor 4|
|Module - Droid Armor 5|
|Module - Droid Armor 6|
- Cap is Damage 173-460 and 6250 General Protection
- 4 Socket Clusters of 110 Droid Combat modules (12x for 1,320 total combat rating)
- Droid Armor goes in the Defensive Module Harness slot
- Only a Droid Armor 3 is required to hit the cap of +12 (2x Armor 6 Ratings)
- Can be done with a Super Battle Droid, Guardian Mark II Droid, or CWW8 Droid
Super Battle Droid Example:
Medical droids help Doctors heal wounds much faster and will also want the Thyferron Buff Module to extend buff durations. The cap for medical bonus is +110 and each module rating is x10 (i.e. module rating of 11 is equal to +110).
- Cap for a Medical Capability Rating is +11, which translates to +110
- A capped Level 5 Droid Medical Module will get to +11 or else a basic Level 6 Droid Medical Module
- Add a Module - Thyferran Buff Enhancement module to allow extended duration buffs.
|Level 1 Droid Medical|
|Level 2 Droid Medical|
|Level 3 Droid Medical|
|Level 4 Droid Medical|
|Level 5 Droid Medical|
|Cap 11 (+110)|
|Level 6 Droid Medical|
|Thyferron Buff Module||-||-|
Example medical droid:
To fit all of the Entertainer effect modules into a single droid, you will need a R3 Advanced droid filled with socket clusters. Note that quality of the modules does not matter.
|Effect - Avian|
|Effect - Confetti|
|Effect - Dancing Jawa|
|Effect - Electric Fog|
|Effect - Foam|
|Effect - Mind Bloom|
|Module - Merchant Barker|
Item Storage Droids
Storage droids can have up to +30 storage in them.
|Module - Droid Item Storage 1|
|Module - Droid Item Storage 2|
|Module - Droid Item Storage 3|
|Module - Droid Item Storage 4|
|Module - Droid Item Storage 5|
|Item Storage Cap is +30 (3x10)|
|Module - Droid Item Storage 6|
- A mid-quality Module - Droid Item Storage 5 module will get to +10 Storage Module Rating and then combine 3x of those to max out at 30/30 storage
Example storage droid:
Crafting Station Droids
In order to fill all 5 of the crafting stations, you will need a R2 ADV, R3 ADV, or Advanced Probot.
|Module - Crafting Station - Clothing|
|Module - Crafting Station - Food|
|Module - Crafting Station - Ship|
|Module - Crafting Station - Structures|
|Module - Crafting Station - Weapons|
Example crafting droid:
Creature Harvest Droids
Harvesting Module, when programmed, will automatically harvest hide, bone or meat for the player when killing creatures.
Can be combined with Combat functionality as well.
- A single Module - Creature Harvest can get to +20 Harvest Bonus capped and two combined socket clusters full will cap at +120 Harvest Bonus
- Note that the only droid that can handle 6 general modules is an Advanced R3 model droid
|Module - Creature Harvest|
|Harvest Bonus Cap is +120 (6x 20)|
Structure Maintenance Droid
Droids can be programmed to pay maintenance on the owner’s Structures
from any location. These are rarely used as most maintenance is deducted from your bank account automatically and harvesters still require manually visiting due to power requirements.
Interplanetary Survey Droids (ISD's)
These droids can be utilized to take surveys from various Planets
for which resources are currently in spawn. Send the droid along with a crafted survey tool (i.e. Mineral Survey Device) and it will report back with an email of the name of the resources there.
Crafting will require Master Artisan for the electronics components.
- Utilize Count for higher number of uses
- Quality to lower the reporting duration
Bounty Hunter Droids
Arakyd Probe Droid
When a bounty hunter accepts a mission, they must be at least 500+m away from a city to launch an Arakyd Probe Droid. The probe droid will arrive in about 20-30 seconds and come to the player. After interacting with the droid, the droid will provide what planet the mark is currently on (and an approximate location on that planet) in about 2 min.
Upon arriving on the planet where the mark is located, the bounty hunter launches a Seeker Droid to track the exact location of the mark. The seeker must be launches outdoors and takes a minute or two to lock into the mark’s exact location.
Example Bounty Hunter Droids
Flight Computers and Astromech Droids
Flight computers & astromechs are used by Space
pilots to program Droid Commands
into. Astromechs are primarily used by Rebel Pilots while flight computers are used by most other Ships
Only 1x data module is required for a astromech droid so you can use a wide variety of droid options.
|MODULES||MIN||MAX||DATAPAD SLOTS||Pilot CERTIFICATION|
|Module - Droid Data 1|
|20||Pilot Cert 1|
|Module - Droid Data 2|
|40||Pilot Cert 2|
|Module - Droid Data 3|
|70||Pilot Cert 3|
|Module - Droid Data 4|
|110||Pilot Cert 4|
|Module - Droid Data 5|
|125||Pilot Cert 5|
|Module - Droid Data 6|
|150||Pilot Cert 6|
Note that quality does not matter
|v1 Flight Computer||Pilot Cert 1|
|v2 Flight Computer||Pilot Cert 2|
|v3 Flight Computer||Pilot Cert 3|
|v4 Flight Computer||Pilot Cert 4|
|v5 Flight Computer||Pilot Cert 5|
|v6 Flight Computer||Pilot Cert 6|
Droid Engineer also contributes to Bio-Engineer
by creating equipment and Consumables
for making pets. Quality matters in every step of the process to get to the highest Purity or Mutagen rating (3.0).
Vehicle (Mustafarian Panning Droid)
Droid Engineers can build the Mustifarian Panning Droid which allows the player to ride on the droid’s head.. This vehicle is helpful in Mustafar
as it resists lava damage
- Experimentation SEAs are recommended, but not required, for the few items that do need experimentation such as combat modules. Assembly is optional.
- A vast majority of droids will need some sort of electronics component from a Master Artisan. For this reason pairing your Droid Engineer with Master Artisan is highly recommended.
- Droid Head (looted, Novice) - fits 20 items inside
- Droid Body (looted, Novice) - fits 50 items inside
-SoloWest, July 2022
-Stickyduck, March 2022